Durban Gen Cast, Actors, Real Names,e.tv
This Durban Gen cast list covers the names of the actors behind the characters of the e.tv medical drama telenovela. Durban Gen follows the trials, tribulations, triumphs, heartbreaks, betrayals, and bonds experienced by Mbali, the staff of Durban General, and the patients who come through their doors looking for help.
The e.tv original production was produced by Stained Glass TV Production. The commissioning and distribution were handled by e.tv.
Meet The Durban Gen Cast and Their Real Names
The story of Durban Gen is set in the heart of Newlands East, a township in Durban, where the most well-known and recognizable academic public hospital Durban General is established. A highly acclaimed hospital that is the jewel of KZN healthcare. The center of excellence where every doctor wants to practice and every patient wants to be treated.
The series centers around a newly qualified doctor, Mbali Mthethwa (Nelisiwe Sibiya), who moves to the big city to complete her final year of community service at Durban General Hospital. She is torn between her fiancé Sibusiso Dlamini (Ntando Mncube) and her superior Dr. Lindelani Zulu (Mike Ndlangamadla).
On arrival at the hospital, she assists in a precarious surgery that results in the death of a MEC. This threatens the reputation of the hospital, Dr. Zulu, and Mbali as they are thrown into an investigation that threatens to end Mbali’s career before it even begins.
Durban Gen cast
|Mavuso Magabane||Thabo Dlamini|
|Cedric Fourie||Dr Mthembu|
|Zinzile Zungu||Thee Dr Luthuli|
|Nyalleng Thibedi||Mrs Dhlomo|
|Mbali Ngiba||Mrs Mthembu|
|Bheki Sibiya||Dr Ndlovu|
|Sthandwa Nzuza||Zandile Mhize|
|Sifiso Simamane||Mr Nxele|
|Bhekisizwe Mahlawe||Calvin Gumede|
|Ntando Mncube||Sibusiso Dlamini|
- Mavuso Magabane- Dr. Thabo Dlamini, Chief of Surgery. He is married to Dr. Precious Dlamini, but is a womanizer and has had extramarital sexual relations with a few of the nurses of the hospital. Thabo is a recovered alcoholic.
- Duduzile Ngcobo- Dr Nomalanga Qwabe, Superintendent. She runs Durban General efficiently. She is physically frail, only to find out she has a brain tumor, which Dr. Zulu has operated on. Her love interest is Dr. Muzi Ndlovu. She later finds herself in a very tricky situation as she is told that one of her interns is not qualified enough to be a doctor.
- Nelisiwe Sibiya- Dr. Mbali Mthethwa, a surgical intern. Mbali is engaged to Sibusiso Dlamini, who is Dr. Thabo’s brother. Mbali finds herself in a continuous love triangle between Sibusiso and Dr. Lindelani, but is finally married to Sibusiso and is hiding that when they married she was no longer a virgin. She lost her virginity to Lindelani.
- Mike Ndlangamandla- Dr. Lindelani Zulu, a surgeon. Dr. Zulu is Mbali’s love interest. After dating for some time, Lindelani deflowered Mbali and proposed marriage to her. He is a father to his daughter, Lwandle. Lindelani’s wife passed on in a surgery, to which he blames Thabo as he was the doctor operating.
- Ntando Mncube- Sibusiso Dlamini. Sibusiso is an ambitious businessman, who is Mbali’s fiancée. He starts off being oblivious to Mbali’s cheating but finds out eventually. He constantly is at odds with Lindelani, trying his best to make sure that he and Mbali do not continue dating. He is set on marrying Mbali and finally does.
- Nombulelo Mhlongo- Nurse Sne Mtshali. Sne is the ‘slay queen’ of the hospital, she is always on top of what is trending on social media, and always knows what is happening in everyone’s lives. She is a very bubbly character. One of the running gags of the show is that Sne is always at odds with the matron because of her short skirts. She and Calvin have a close friendship. Sne is the love interest of MacGyver, with whom she has had a one-night stand.
- Bheki Mahlawe- Nurse Calvin Gumede. Calvin is the son of MaCele and Baba Gumede. Calvin is friends with Sne, MacGyver, and Phumeza. He had a one-night stand with Precious which resulted in her falling pregnant.
Lihle Dhlomo- Dr. Precious Dlamini, OB gynecologist. Precious is Thabo’s wife and is struggling to fall pregnant by her husband. Precious seems to not be happy with the state of her marriage but stays anyway. She falls pregnant after sleeping with Calvin but aborts the baby. She later continuously slept with Sibusiso so she could get a ‘Dlamini’ baby.
- Fanele Ntuli- Dr. Thandekile Zondo, surgical intern. Thandekile is an intern who is friends with Mbali and Ndabezinhle. She usually acts as the voice of reason among her friends and aims to be a surgeon after her internship.
- Zuluboy- MacGyver, paramedic. MacGyver is a good-natured person who sometimes can be dimwitted. He works closely with Baba Gumede as a paramedic. His love interest is Sne, who constantly rejects him. He is usually caught on the wrong side of his get-rich-quick ideas.
- Tsidi Makitle- Nurse Phumeza Sibiya. Phumeza is a caring, soft-spoken, and well-mannered character. Her ability to tend to patients, as well as her overall diligence makes her the matron’s favorite nurse. She does tend to lack social skills as well as street smarts. She is married to Detective Sibiya.
- Monica Zulu- MaCele, receptionist. MaCele is Calvin’s mother, as well as Gumede’s wife. She is usually the person who undertakes the motherly role in the hospital by always being there for patients as well as the staff. She is also known for the baked treats that she keeps at her station for the staff’s enjoyment.
- Lerato Nxumalo- Dr. Ndabezinhle Luthuli, surgical intern. Affectionately known as “Ndabe”, she is friends with Mbali and Thandekile. Ndabe starts off her internship being known for freezing or getting nauseous when she sees patients’ blood. She eventually grows out of it and is better able to work with patients, even going as far as scrubbing in on surgeries. She dates another medical intern Mnqobi Mchunu briefly, until his death. It is later found out that she did not graduate from med school, she didn’t finish her last year.
- Zimiphi Biyela- Matron Nobuhle Nkabinde, head nurse. The matron takes no nonsense from both staff and patients. She constantly checks the nurses’ uniforms, at which she always scolds Sne because her skirt is always too short. Some of the employees avoid her at times, especially when she wants to give out her baked treats, or wants to sell a product. She finds herself crushing on Dr. Ndlovu, who does not share the same feelings for her.
- Sifiso Sibiya- Bab’Gumede. Baba Gumede is MaCele’s husband and Calvin’s father. He is young at heart. He usually is involved in MacGyver’s antics. Gumede tends to also lend an ear to anyone, especially the male staff members, who is going through something personal and is willing to offer them advice. He is revealed to be Msizi’s Father.
- Bheki Sibiya- Dr Muzi Ndlovu. Dr. Ndlovu is the love interest of Superintendent Qwabe. He asks her to make their relationship public, to which she does not agree. This sees Dr. Ndlovu being pursued by Matron Nkabinde, which amuses Qwabe.
- Sthandwa Nzuza – Zandile Mkhize an OB-GYN who is Precious’s friend who knows all her secrets and starts to be a threat to Precious and her job.
Durban Gen air on weekdays (Monday – Friday) on e.tv, Openview Channel 104 at 18.30.